Monday 15 June 2009

Shin Pads





Second asset has been completed to a satisfactory standard. I am actually pretty happy with these. I am learning alot from simply practicing making real life objects. They are 287 Tris each with 512/512 Normal, Colour and Specular.

When I made the straps I simply made the high poly in max. I found it was less fiddly for the type of object that it is and looked less "gooey". I am trying to fight the fact that I keep making bakes that look slightly dodgy around the edges, maybe modelling some things in max will help. Or it may just be a matter of being more careful with my zbrush models.

I had a couple of problems with this model.. I have found that if I render it the straps seem to glow. Any ideas? I was thinking it may be because they are flat planes. These pictures are from viewport.

I learnt alot from watching Scott Eaton sculpting. He uses a very low intensity and its very careful. I have always been one of these people that makes something basically and quickly and then develops it. I am now learning that in order to make a model more effectively I may have to be more careful along the way without worrying too much about the details. Turning down the intensity of my brush should help me do this.

No comments: