Wednesday 28 May 2008

Trying to paint people :S

I have no idea why.. but it seems I have completely forgotten how to draw people from life. To improve this situation (considering it's late at night, therefore no model) I have tried to draw some poses from my anatomy book on photoshop. I've done each in about 20 minutes. The male being the first I painted. I decided to use this style after watching a speed paint that an artist did for the new prince of persia: I felt quite inspired that somebody could do such a high quality picture in such a short time. I will also need to try and learn how to draw some of these pictures in traditional materials aswell. Most importantly, I want to be able to draw from life realistically. I see these paintings as a starting point, a way to start my hand working alongside my brain like it should do!



No comments: