Thursday 12 June 2008

making my mum!!



Have been attempting to make my Mum in 3D and have made many mistakes along the way but I'm actually pretty happy with how it is going so far. It may not be the most technically correct model ever, but its starting to actually look like her, which is always good.

However, I have learnt a few lessons from doing this. Making the edge loops go full circle is something I need to do in my next model. I have ended up with alot of optimising that has resulted in more polys, and a higher chance of smoothing problems (therefore more time needed to work on it). Although the tutorial I am watching has said that triangles dont matter too much, I find them very difficult to deal with so I am going to try to avoid having them appear from now on.

I think my work flow could be alot faster next time aswell, I found many things had to be redone and that I confused myself way too often with things being inside other things... Im going to move on to making the body now and follow the Ben Mathis tutorials as I feel I am already learning soo much.

Now I just have to find a time when I can draw... and a life.. hmmmm :P

No comments: