Friday 12 December 2008



I actually managed to cut the triangle count on my model by over half for the different level of detail! Im really happy with this although it does make me wonder how inefficient my other model was if this one looks pretty much the same.... hmmmm. Ah well it's all part of the learning process!

A friend pointed out my model is too shiny, I need to sort this out so that the different materials look like their real life examples.



There are a few issues with the LOD atm... for starts the AO map is seeping into different areas... but I can sort that out. There are a couple of smoothing problems aswell wwhich keep cropping up, but again.. I can sort that out with a little grinding. The LOD model is 2992 triangles with a 1024 diffuse map (although I am not sure if that should be down sized for this model).

No comments: