Tuesday 27 November 2007

3D modelling

Since I have been learning 3D modelling I have felt like it has been a constant battle between me and 3D S Max. However I am starting to enjoy it! Between the swearing and screaming "WHY IS THAT THERE?!!!" there is some kind of strange satisfaction from making an object that looks vaguely realistic! The more I learn the more excited I am about using these techniques effectively. The class were shown the basics of "Bump Mapping" last monday and it instantly got me excited. Now all I need to do is actually learn to use this tool effectively.... this could take a while!



On monday, we were set the challenge of creating a weapon in about 4 and a half hours. I was really proud to have go to the stage of being pretty much ready to texture despite the fact that there were sooooo many people that were better than me by far!). I have also started making a house for one of my projects.


No comments: