Thursday 27 November 2008

Personal Development



Over the last couple of weeks I have been studying how the muscles and bones are structured within the human body. This was so that I could draw them in a more believable way. I have noticed a real increase in my confidence to drawing and sculpting the human form and I would highly reccomend other people doing a similar project. Wenever I felt I didnt understand a part of the body or thought it was difficult to draw I gave it a go after looking at my anatomy and drawing books for at least an hour.



This has lead to me being more confident with creating interesting characters. This one was based on a quick sketch of a guy in a pub. You wanna find weird looking people? Go into a pub during the day!




Once you start to understand the bones at a simple level, it becomes easier to draw because you know what to expect out of each shape. Another thing that surprised me was that actually sculpting the shapes helped tremendously to help me understand how they worked.

No comments: