Thursday 1 January 2009

Getting myself rolling again...


So Christmas is over and New Year has been and gone and now I have to start my engines again in order to get back to the same routine I had going before the holidays...

Christmas was such a great chance to relax for me.. i feel really refreshed, but now I am starting to get frustrated with my inability to do my work for my assesments on the 12th of this month. I have been nice and lazy up until now and apart from the odd bit of doodling and 3D modelling I havent really done anything serious and it is about time I started. I'm aiming high this term... I've been told to aim for nothing but a first and I do intend to.

I think I find that part of the problem is that my emotional state really affects the quality of my work and the fact that I have very little to do at home is not helping. University has ended up feeling like home. I had a bizzare experience when I came to the front door of my parents house and rang the doorbell instead of reaching for my key. It was a sign to me that I had actually moved out for real.

The holiday has been a really good one even though very few of my friends have been around. Seeing family is important and I really realise that when I haven't seen them for a long time.

New Years Eve was a great experience for me, although it did freak me out a little bit. I went to London to see the fireworks with a couple of friends. The atmosphere was strange, it was full of energy but people would get aggressive at the slightest confrontation. Several arguements happened throughout the night, but luckily none of them amounted to anything. The whole thing felt like an apocalyptic scene from a film, people selfishly pushing in crouds and screaming all over the place: it was a bit intimidating when you are the only guy with your friends!

The actual fireworks were incredible and I had a great time laughing with some strangers. There was a bit of a classic moment during the actual display: one guy shouts out "We love you Boris!!" (refering of course to Boris Johnson) to which the drunken Australian guy in front of me yelled out "Bowser?! Who the F*** is Bowser?!".

So now it is the first day of 2009 and I want to make this year one in which I can be proud of how hard I have worked and the way I have gone about it. I want to be a hard worker, an unselfish person at all times and be able to enjoy myself without guilt when I am not working. God help me in all of those things! I need it!

No comments: