Tuesday 30 June 2009

Baked Head mmmmmmmmmmmmm


I baked out the normals and ambient occlusion for Jack the Ripper and thanks to all the practice I have been doing I got no noticeable seams!!! WOOO :D

I am really happy with this and it has given me a real boost in my confidence. I am actually on my way to making something the way that I want it to look rather than being hindered by technical difficulties.

I am quite happy with the mesh as well, I realise there may still be a few things that I could improve (suggestions welcome for future improvement).

Total of 1480 tris including the eyes using a 1024 texture for both the normals and ambient occlusion. Some space has been saved for the hands... this may change the overall resolution slightly later... but it will not be much work to do this and I don't think it will be drastic enough to change the quality of the model.

Simon is a happy modeller!

No comments: